13 Aug 2015

Chana Dal Patti Samosa stuffed in spring roll sheets

So today's blog post is chana dal stuffed patti samosa. I know the shape no where look like samosas, actually I have stuffed it in a market bought spring roll sheet. 
Earlier my mom use to make pattis at home but that takes so long and Unlike my mom I don't have that much of patience, didn't want to take so much of load making them at home. Went to market to buy pattis which I saw on shelf few days back, but phew, yesterday when I checked it was out of stock. And me and my hubby don't wanted to hold our craving till new stock arrives, so picked up the spring roll sheets and shaped it in to the same. Hence the craving wish fulfilled with happy tummies...
Mumma love you for your idea 😘😘




Ingredients:

2 cup of chana dal soaked in water for 3-4 hours 
1 cup fresh chopped mint leaves
5-6 green chillies paste (adjust spiciness you want, suitable to your taste buds)
3 tbsp garam masala
1 large boiled and mashed potato (for binding)
Salt to taste

Spring roll sheet to stuff..!!
Oil for frying

Method:

Soak chana dal in water for 3-4 hours.
Later drain the water and wash the dal under running tap water.
In a deep vessel pan or a pot, parboil the chana dal in water with the lid open. (Do not pressure cook it as it will get mushy and we don't want mushy dal stuffing) 
Parboiling will somewhat take 10-12 minutes or may be little more, but should not be mushy at all. 
Once the dal is parboiled, drain the water from the dal. Make sure to drain water completely.
Now in a large bowl, mash one large boiled potato, add fresh chopped mint leaves, green chillies paste, drained dal, garam masala and salt to taste.
Mix the stuffing mixture well.
Taste and check the spice level, if required add green chillies more. (Chillies I bought was not very spicy so ended up using 6 green chillies paste)


Now let's start with stuffing.


Spoon the chana dal stuffing on the spring roll sheet.


Stuffing and sealing procedure will remain same of spring roll or you can follow the pictures below. (For sealing the sheet, make a semi thin paste of all purpose flour mixed with water, I.e. 2 tbsp of flour and 1- 1 1/2 tbsp water)










Tightly sealed and stuffed. 


And follow the same with rest of the stuffing and here you are ready to fry them.


In a hot oil on medium flame, deep fry all the stuffed samosas or spring rolls :P, until it turns golden and crisp on both the sides. 
Bring out and serve hot with green coriander or mint chutney. So here the delicious snack is ready to serve..





1 comment:

  1. Hello,
    They look soo good. I will try this recipe as soon as I lay my hands on some chana dal.
    Cheers from Geneva Switzerland

    ReplyDelete