9 Sept 2015

Banana Walnut-Chocolate Loaf Cake

Bananas are usually which I prefer to eat raw or slightly caramelised one. Usually I make cakes with only few selective fruits, and honestly I don't have that great liking for banana bread. Well, but when I  came across to a sure shot and very promising recipe thought why not give a chance, and yet I haven't tried making banana bread at home, so had to. And this super soft and moist flavours with chocolates chips and toasted nuts in the bread, was totally justifying for making it by myself. Now I know what I have to do with almost lifeless bananas...:D 
The recipe which I came across was without butter, honestly I cannot imagine my cake or bread without butter, though I personally have tried two three recipes earlier with olive oil, but the taste texture  and everything that butter does to the cake is fabulous. Mostly now I have stopped using oils in cakes and will stick to butter.


Ingredients:-

2 1/2 cup all purpose flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup granulated sugar
3 medium over riped bananas mashed 
1 tbsp vanilla essence 
100 gms melted butter 
3 small beaten eggs
1/4 cup room temperature milk
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
1/2 cup toasted walnuts or pecans


Method:

Preheat oven at180 degree Celsius.
In a small bowl, combine all purpose flour with baking soda and salt. Mix well.
In a another large bowl, mash bananas properly, add in melted butter, milk, granulated sugar, beaten eggs and vanilla essence. Mix all well. 
Now slowly add flour mixture little at time. At this point you can use hand mixture for equal mixing to avoid any lumps.
Once the mixing is done, the batter will be smooth and lump free. 
Scrape the sides of the bowl with spatula. Add in chocolate chips and toasted slightly chopped walnuts or pecans and fold it in to the batter well. Pour the batter mix in to a loaf tin lined with parchment paper.
Bake for 55-60 minutes at 180 degree Celsius. 
Once done, bring it outside and check by inserting toothpick if it comes clean. If not than bake further  more for 5 minutes by keeping constant check until toothpick inserting comes clean.
Allow it to cool completely and store in an air tight container. 
A thick slice of this bread with a glass of milk is sorting wholesome breakfast which I throughly enjoyed till 2 days. ❤️





 

No comments:

Post a Comment